Brand Int

toll free: 800.LAW.8000

If You’ve Been Injured-We Care.
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Personal Injury
  4.  » 
  5. Car Accidents
  6.  » Car Accident FAQ

Car Accident FAQ

At Crandall & Katt, Attorneys at Law, we field many questions every day from people who have been harmed in car and truck and or commercial vehicle accidents. While each case is different, there is some basic information that any accident sufferer needs to know. We discuss some of this information below.

There is a good probably that you may have questions about your own case. In a free consultation, an attorney at our firm can answer these and explain how we can help you.

Call 540.342.2000 today. Because if you’re injured, we care!

Frequently Asked Questions About Motor Vehicle Accidents

Some of the most common questions about car and truck accidents include the following:

I was partially at fault for my accident. Is there any way I can get compensation?

Virginia follows the contributory negligence rule. That means that a driver who was even partially at fault for a car accident is not entitled to compensation. But it may be that you did not really contribute to the accident, so you may actually have a claim. Whatever your situation, you should speak with a lawyer at our firm. In a free consultation, we can review your case and explain your options.

“Even a seemingly simple accident may have come about through a complex chain of events. If your accident was not really your fault, my law firm will work tirelessly to obtain full and fair compensation for you.”Daniel L. Crandall

I was hit by an uninsured driver. What are my legal options?

In Virginia, uninsured motorist coverage is mandatory. If you have auto insurance, your uninsured motorist coverage can provide a source of compensation. This also applies in hit-and-run accident cases. At Crandall & Katt, Attorneys at Law, we understand auto insurance. We will work hard to help you obtain all of the compensation you are entitled to.

Why should I call an attorney before I report the accident to my insurance company?

Insurance companies make their profits by keeping their claim costs low, and your insurer does not necessarily have your best interests at heart. What you say to the insurance claims agent could be used to minimize the value of your claim.

By contrast, a lawyer at our firm can provide you with an objective evaluation of your case and explain what we can do to maximize the value of your claim.

Can I represent myself in an accident case?

You certainly have the right to do so. But chances are the insurance companies will take advantage of the situation and you. An accident claim involves many different elements, all of which require careful analysis. Issues of causation, liability and the damages you are entitled to can be highly complex. In addition, there may be insurance coverage that you don’t know about which could provide compensation. Without an experienced attorney on your side, you may not receive all of the compensation you deserve.

How much do your legal services cost?

Crandall & Katt, Attorneys at Law accepts all personal injury and wrongful death cases on contingency. This means you will not be charged any attorney fees* unless, and until, your case is settled or you receive compensation.

Contact Our Firm

For a free consultation about a motor vehicle accident in Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina or surrounding areas, contact Crandall & Katt, Attorneys at Law.

Because if you’re injured, we care!

*Excludes costs and expenses.

/*UDX pixel Code*/