Daniel L. Crandall
- Founding Partner and President
Daniel L. Crandall is the founding partner of The Law Offices of Daniel L. Crandall & Associates. He has been engaged in the practice of law for over forty years. The focus of his practice is exclusively personal injury and disability law. He has become known in Southwest Virginia as the caring personal injury professional. He was privileged to be named twice as the Best Local Lawyer by the readers of The Roanoker Magazine. He graduated from the University of South Florida in 1973 and from the George Mason University School of Law in 1977.
While attending law school, he was employed by the Superior Court in Washington, DC as a Court Bailiff. During his time with the courts he witnessed the famed Hanafi Trials. His picture appeared on the front of the Washington Post receiving the verdict from the foreperson of the jury. He served as Law Clerk to the federally appointed Judge Joseph M. F. Ryan, Jr. for two years.
In 1978 he was admitted to the Washington, DC Bar and subsequently in 1979 admitted to the Virginia State Bar. He served as the Past President of the Personal Injury Lawyers Association. He is a member of the American Association for Justice and the Mass Torts Trial Lawyers Association. He serves on the Board of Governors for the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association as a district Governor and served as Chair of the Federal Liaison Sub-Legislative Committee. A hallmark of his personal injury specialty area of law is to practice compassionate law, while providing excellent representation recognizing the client’s need for personal attention and many times affirmation for them as individuals.
The motto of The Law Offices of Daniel L. Crandall & Associates is to pursue the practice of law with enthusiasm, excellence and ethics. Mr. Crandall is pleased after thirty-three years the Law Firm of Crandall & Katt continues to represent injured individuals throughout all of Southwest Virginia with a true expression of care and compassion.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Automobile Accidents and Injuries
- Virginia, 1979
- District of Columbia, 1978
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1978
- George Mason University School of Law, Arlington, Virginia
- University of South Florida
Honors and Awards
- Who's Who among American Executives, 1994 - 1995
- VTLA Board of Governors
- Readers of the Roanoker Magazine (Best Attorney/Best Law Firm)
- Top Attorneys In Virginia
- Super Lawyer Award, 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Personal Injury Lawyers Association, Past President
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Board of Governors for the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, District Governor
- Federal Liaison Sub-Legislative Committee, Past Chair
- Super Lawyers, 2012 & 2013
- National Trial Lawyers: Top 100
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Lifetime Member , Present
- Rue Ratings Best Attorneys of America, Lifetime Charter Member , Present
Past Employment Positions
- Superior Court in Washington, DC, Court Bailiff
- Law Clerk to the federally appointed Judge Joseph M. F. Ryan, Jr.
View Our Other Videos