Motor Vehicle Accident Toolkit
In the minutes, hours, days and months following a motor vehicle accident, you will be faced with injuries, property damage, doctor’s visits, insurance company questions and many other problems. You did not plan for this to happen. However, Crandall & Katt, Attorneys at Law in Roanoke, Virginia, has a plan to help you.
Take as many notes as you can in the time that follows your car, tractor-trailer or commercial vehicle accident. By doing this, you can build strong evidence and a strong claim on your behalf. This can have a positive effect on maximizing your financial compensation.
Our personal injury lawyers have compiled this motor vehicle accident victim’s toolkit to guide you through the process of filing your claim. In it, you can jot down notes about your accident as well as developments in your case.
This is not a legal document, and it does not establish an attorney-client relationship. However, it does offer important information that can help you sort out your thoughts and keep your claim moving forward.
- Call the police and make sure an accident report is filed.
- Take pictures of your vehicle, the other vehicle and the accident scene.
- Get medical attention, whether at the ER or in a doctor’s visit.
- Talk to an attorney as soon as you can after the accident.
- Do not talk to the other driver’s insurance company — refer them to your attorney.
Take notes about all elements of the accident, including your injuries, doctor’s visits, medical treatments, prescriptions and other information as detailed in our toolkit.